Jun 4, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
With the WNBA season in full bore, I thought we should start giving weekly updates on how your favorite women’s basketball alumni are doing in the league.
Before we begin, take a minute to vote for the three women’s basketball alums in the WNBA – Skylar Diggs (Tulsa Shock), Kayla McBride (San Antonio Stars) and Devereaux Peters (Minnesota Lynx). Click here to VOTE.
In her second season in the WNBA, Diggins has begun to thrive on the floor. Her field goal percentage this season currently stands at 45.7%, 12.9% higher than her mark last year. Additionally, through five games she has nearly doubled her points per game output from last year, checking in at 16.8 points per game.
Across the board Diggins is making her mark, dropping two more assists per game than last year (5.8 to 3.8), while reducing her turnovers per game by over 20% in the process.
Seven games into her rookie year, McBride is starting to find her groove in the Stars lineup. After posting a 30-point game on May 28th, McBride has registered two consecutive nine-point performances since in a pair of losses to the Minnesota Lynx.
Coming off of an injury, Peters found her way back on the floor for the first time all season on May 30th against the San Antonio Stars. After playing three scoreless minutes, Peters would have to work herself back into the lineup. Just two days later, the lynx had a rematch with the Stars and she mad her presence felt in helping her team to an 87-79 win. In the win, Peters scored a bucket, pulled down four rebounds and notched a steal in just nine minutes of play.
Check back next week for the next edition of #IrishInTheWNBA
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @ProudtobeND: http://t.co/Psr51T61ae 2 hours ago
- Keep those votes for #ndwbb coming - your support can help us earn a percentage of #NDday $1 million Challenge Fund! notredameday.nd.edu/wbb 16 hours ago
- #NDday is underway! Show your support for #ndwbb and make a $10 donation to cast your votes for the Irish by going to notredameday.nd.edu/wbb 18 hours ago
- ND Day starts at 6:42 ET tonight! To learn more & support #NDWBB with vote for $1 million Challenge Fund, click here! notredameday.nd.edu/wbb 1 day ago
- Day 2 on the road for our coaching staff!!! Full day of great talent in VA and NC!🍀🍀🍀🍀 2 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Nabs First Team All-ACC Honors
- M. Golf. Irish Finish 11th At 2015 ACC Championship
- Softball. #24 Irish Split Senior Day Series As Koerner, Wester Tie Program Records
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 11 Innings At Wake Forest Sunday Afternoon
- Baseball. Irish Fall To Demon Deacons, 4-2, In Saturday Matchup