Apr 25, 2014, 10:28 AM EDT
What if I told you that you could play in a basketball tournament with a $500,000 winner-take-all prize? Well now you can! Just don’t expect to win as eight former members of the Irish basketball squad are joining forces to try and bring home the prize.
In true Notre Dame fashion, the team plans on being charitable if they come out on top as they intend to donate $100,000 of the winnings to charity.
The rules of the “The Basketball Tournament” (TBT) are pretty simple: College rules, except halves are 18 minutes, each team gets four timeouts per game, each player gets six fouls and the shot clock will be 45 seconds (except for the final game, which will feature a Fan’s choice shot clock time).
As you will see, a lot of the rules come down to fan voting.
Here is the important information you need to know.
– 32 team tournament
– 24 teams that registered automatically get in if they have the most fans supporting their team
– The last eight spots are chosen by the committee
So what you can figure out from this is we need to vote to keep our alums in. What alums are playing you ask?
– Chris Thomas
– Tyrone Nash
– Kieran Piller
– Russell Carter
– Zach Hillesland
– Ryan Ayers
– Colin Falls
– Rob Kurz
Now that you see what kind of talent that has been assembled on the squad, take a few moments to vote for the guys and help them donate $100,000 to a number of charities, including Coach Brey’s Coaches vs. Cancer initiative. CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE IRISH, IT’S FREE
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDsidMasters: .@ndwbb to face South Carolina in @NCAAWomensBKB Final Four at 6:30 pm ET Sunday (live on ESPN/WatchESPN; listen on @puls… 9 hours ago
- At 8 pm ET on ESPN2, watch @McDAAG Powerade Jam Fest 3pt shootout/skills challenge including our very own @mmabrey1 @Arike_O @alipaige_14 12 hours ago
- RT @pennmom86: @ndwbb shout out to these girls for making a young fan's day! #rolemodels http://t.co/TnYUBDCLso 12 hours ago
- ICYMI... this is one of SEVEN @LA_Cruisen assists in last night's Elite 8 win over Baylor 👀☝ http://t.co/pkoecu1ydy 15 hours ago
- RT @ProudtobeND: Congrats to @ndwbb on making it to their 5th straight Final Four! #ProudtobeND 15 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- What a day for Jerian on the National Stage! 👓 | WOODEN All-American Team ✏️ | AP 1st-Team 👔 | NABC 1st-Team http://t.co/L0l2g6c7nE 12 hours ago
- RT @GovChristie: Congratulations @ThatGrant22 on being named AP 1st team All-American. You've made all fans of @NDmbb very proud! 14 hours ago
- Go ahead and add AP FIRST-TEAM ALL-AMERICAN to J's resume. Congrats Jerian! 🍀🏀🍀 http://t.co/YprwjRyLPx 20 hours ago
- The honors keep rolling in for "J" Congrats on being named an NABC First-Team All-American. #NotDoneYet http://t.co/866f2jHri1 21 hours ago
- Props to opponents UK, MSU & Duke on making Final 4 (3-2 record vs them). Thanks for all the great games this year! http://t.co/AL1oAAIdes 1 day ago