Apr 6, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Gary Paczesny is a member of the Notre Dame women’s basketball travel party that will be writing a daily blog about traveling to the Women’s Final Four in Nashville, Tenn.
Saturday in Nashville started early as the Fighting Irish enjoyed breakfast at the team hotel before departing for Bridgestone Arena for meetings with the media.
The team spent the first 30 minutes talking with members of the media, including many media outlets from both the Nashville and South Bend areas.
Following the media session, the Irish took to the court. It was the first time the team was able to get on the playing surface. The court, painted specifically to match the host city, had theming of music notes, guitar picks and guitars.
The public was invited to attend the one-hour practice, which saw the spirited crown cheer throughout, led by the cheerleaders and Band of the Fighting Irish.
Kayla McBride finished the one-hour session by hitting the traditional practice-ending half-court shot, much to the crowds excitement.
Practice concluded with the Irish Jig, something that the players enjoy, and fans of the women’s basketball team see each time before tip-off.
The entire team then made their way to the concourse level of Bridgestone Arena for a public autograph session. The session typical last 30 minutes, but with so many fans eager to get an autographed team picture, the Fighting Irish stayed an extra 20 minutes.
They players then returned to the arena floor, as Kayla McBride and Jewell Loyd where each presented as members of the WBCA Coaches All-American Team.
After a short afternoon break back at the hotel, the team boarded the bus heading back to Bridgestone Arena headed for Dressing Room H. What was happening in Dressing Room H you ask? Head Coach Muffet McGraw was presented the AP Coach of the Year Award.
Following the award presentation, the team returned to the hotel and enjoyed a dinner of chicken and steak fajitas with all of the fixings. Once nourished, the squad went over the game plan, watched film and went through final preparation before turning in for the night.
The Fighting Irish and the Maryland Terrapins tip-off at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN/WatchESPN. Listen locally on Pulse FM in South Bend or nationally on Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- You heard Holly! Let’s bring home a few more 🏆🏆🏆… this time from the @ESPYS! ⤵️ 🗳 es.pn/2JZQsFj… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- It's that 🏆 time again! 📍 Ascendant Orthopedic Alliance at 60160 Bodnar Blvd in Mishawaka ⏰ 11-Noon 📍… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Our history is full of strong women. When we win, our inspiring alumnae are right there with us. 🏆 #TBT #GoIrish☘️ https://t.co/hsh30aRdkX 4 hours ago
- Home page of the @ESPYS looking 👌 #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/kBDd0eYyp1 16 hours ago
- First 3️⃣ days of class at ND for our freshmen ☑️🎒☘️ #GoIrish https://t.co/IlSS9gQQjv 18 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- It was 25 years ago, but for @NDmbb’s John Paxson, we know it still feels like yesterday. twitter.com/chicagobulls/s… 18 hours ago
- Win the Maui Invitational. twitter.com/jackcooligan45… 2 days ago
- A throwback Father’s Day moment! @MattyFarr3 tracks down his Dad in the stands after the @MauiInv championship - an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Another great day at Wrigley. twitter.com/cubs/status/10… 1 week ago
- Another look at our future practice/team room/administration/performance center - Rolfs Athletics Hall - coming lat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
- W. Basketball. Lili Thompson Drafted by Harlem Globetrotters
- Track & Field. Nuguse Wins 1500m at USATF Junior Outdoor Championships