Apr 6, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Gary Paczesny is a member of the Notre Dame women’s basketball travel party that will be writing a daily blog about traveling to the Women’s Final Four in Nashville, Tenn.
Saturday in Nashville started early as the Fighting Irish enjoyed breakfast at the team hotel before departing for Bridgestone Arena for meetings with the media.
The team spent the first 30 minutes talking with members of the media, including many media outlets from both the Nashville and South Bend areas.
Following the media session, the Irish took to the court. It was the first time the team was able to get on the playing surface. The court, painted specifically to match the host city, had theming of music notes, guitar picks and guitars.
The public was invited to attend the one-hour practice, which saw the spirited crown cheer throughout, led by the cheerleaders and Band of the Fighting Irish.
Kayla McBride finished the one-hour session by hitting the traditional practice-ending half-court shot, much to the crowds excitement.
Practice concluded with the Irish Jig, something that the players enjoy, and fans of the women’s basketball team see each time before tip-off.
The entire team then made their way to the concourse level of Bridgestone Arena for a public autograph session. The session typical last 30 minutes, but with so many fans eager to get an autographed team picture, the Fighting Irish stayed an extra 20 minutes.
They players then returned to the arena floor, as Kayla McBride and Jewell Loyd where each presented as members of the WBCA Coaches All-American Team.
After a short afternoon break back at the hotel, the team boarded the bus heading back to Bridgestone Arena headed for Dressing Room H. What was happening in Dressing Room H you ask? Head Coach Muffet McGraw was presented the AP Coach of the Year Award.
Following the award presentation, the team returned to the hotel and enjoyed a dinner of chicken and steak fajitas with all of the fixings. Once nourished, the squad went over the game plan, watched film and went through final preparation before turning in for the night.
The Fighting Irish and the Maryland Terrapins tip-off at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN/WatchESPN. Listen locally on Pulse FM in South Bend or nationally on Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Wishing the best of luck to our #IrishInTheWNBA, @SkyDigg4, @MsPeters14, and @jewellloyd as the @WNBA playoffs tip-… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Always making time for others! @MuffetMcGraw paid a visit to the Sisters of the Holy Cross today-some of our bigg… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Thank you so much to our donors that made our foreign tour to Rome and Croatia this summer possible! We couldn’t ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- Head Coach @MuffetMcGraw with @AlliHayesSports, kicking off the 2018 Run Jane Run golf outing. All proceeds benef… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Wishing the happiest of Birthdays to @d_patterson33!! https://t.co/N2LIJA1TO2 3 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Hauling in the hardwood‼️ Base layer of our future practice court in Rolfs Athletics Hall taking shape. https://t.co/Wowlr0JOZT 10 hours ago
- Congrats to @NDmbb alum, 1977-81 guard, former administrator at ND and soon to be @NCAA EVP of regulatory affairs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- A great six days to spend with our family, getting better on the court and closer off of it. #RiseTogether ⚡️ “20… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- The 2018-19 future is bright 😎 for @Tempppp12 - 1️⃣4️⃣ 3s over 3 games in 🇧🇸‼️ https://t.co/pFvB4a7lXy 1 week ago
- Final night on the island - perfect time for an Italian-style meal. https://t.co/mZCut6IdaO 1 week ago