Jul 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
This is an amusing story that was sent to me this past week from an administrator within the Notre Dame Athletics Department.
After ensuring it wasn’t embargoed for any reason, I couldn’t help but share it with everyone.
Here is a real e-mail from head men’s basketball coach Mike Brey that was forwarded to me:
Quick story from last Monday in NY… All the mascots were around that day. I get on the elevator with the Pitt Panther, the Tar Heel mascot… there were probably 4 mascots on the elevator, and they’re all in character. So I’m saying ‘hi’ to them, but they’re not talking, they’re just sort of bouncing around in character. Finally, as we’re getting to the floor, out of the Pitt Panther costume comes this guy’s voice: “Hey Coach, Jamie Dixon (Pittsburgh men’s basketball coach) hates the Burn Offense.” Doors open, Panther walks out.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- CLEVELAND ROCKS. #NotDoneYet http://t.co/zrHWB1wg1C 7 hours ago
- We send it to Locker Room correspondents Burg (@Austin_Burgett) & Matt Gregory during the NCAA's open media time: http://t.co/jCFJEjRok2 10 hours ago
- ONE of EIGHT. #NotDoneYet http://t.co/71oL6XSpGp 10 hours ago
- #SCTop10 You know what play we are talking about ... DJ to ZA ... 🏀 #TheOop 11 hours ago
- RT @3rd_Goal: Love watching this @NDmbb team! So much fun!#GoIrish! 11 hours ago
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: For Notre Dame and Stanford, A Rivalry Renewed
- M. Basketball. Men's Basketball Post Game Notes
- M. Basketball. Men's Basketball Post Game Quotes
- M. Basketball. Irish in the 2015 NCAA Championships: The Notre Dame Men in Cleveland
- M. Swimming. Day One of NCAAs Brings New School Record For Fighting Irish Men's Swimming