Mar 22, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
By the time Notre Dame and Iowa State tip off tonight, the most exciting two days in college basketball will be almost over. The 9:45 pm matchup between the #7 seed Fighting Irish and #10 seed Cyclones is scheduled to be the 30th of 32 second round games, and will close out a full day of hoops at the University of Dayton Arena for CBS announcers Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg and Tracy Wolfson.
This morning, the Irish returned to the site of tonight’s tilt, as well as the Ed Zink Fieldhouse at Beavercreek High School, for a couple of final shootarounds.
Thus far, two of the top five seeds in the West Region (#3 New Mexico and #5 Wisconsin) have already fallen, with a third, #4 Kansas State trailing LaSalle by 18 at halftime.
The bracket is certainly opening up for a team to make an unexpected run deep into the tournament, and Notre Dame will look to begin that journey with a win tonight. Among many other motives, today is also head coach Mike Brey‘s birthday, and I’m sure he would like nothing more than a few more days in Dayton.
For more on the game, check out the notes on UND.com, as well as our “Everything You Need To Know About Iowa State” blog from earlier in the week.
And during a commercial break for one of the many great games you might currently be watching, here’s a one-minute recap of this morning’s practices from Fighting Irish Digital Media.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- That @JShepard32 basketball IQ... 📈 #IrishInTheWNBA #GoIrish twitter.com/minnesotalynx/… 5 hours ago
- "Winning is about having the whole team on the same page." Our coaching staff welcomed @BillWalton to the new home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Welcome the newest member of our family, Marta Sniezek. The fifth-year transfer from Stanford will be eligible to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- “Ceiling breakers can become the new normal.” Coach @MuffetMcGraw presented a #Gracies award to the first female… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @MuffetMcGraw: Out in California for the Gracie awards and stopped by LA sparks practice to see one of our 5 WNBA draftees. Always fun… 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- 1-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals with the @Bucks 8-1 in the @NBA Playoffs Putting up 7+ ppg and 7+ rpg in the p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- To all the Moms, Thanks for ... The daily support. The help with homework. The life lessons. The rides to practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @FightingIrish: In 1904, former @NDFootball quarterback and coach Frank Hering was inspired to create a national Mother’s Day. This #Mo… 1 week ago
- *DAILY-ish PAT UPDATE* On the back of a 7-point, 11-rebound performance, @pconnaughton helps the @Bucks reach the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NDmbb: PLAYOFF PAT. A near double-double from @pconnaughton (9 points, 10 rebounds) helps push the @Bucks to the verge of the Eastern… 2 weeks ago