Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
On the first day of spring, the Notre Dame men’s basketball team left behind 20-degree temperatures in South Bend, for well, 20-degree temperatures in Dayton, Ohio.
Many would call the Christmas season the most wonderful time of the year, but for basketball fans, it’s tough to beat mid-March…even if the weather still feels more like late December or January.
The Irish left campus shortly before 5 pm, and thanks to a very short flight, arrived in Dayton just over an hour later. After a short bus ride, the team was greeted by the sweet sound of bagpipes at the hotel, and when the players and coaches walked into the main lobby, the Notre Dame Victory March was playing and the foyer was filled with blue and gold balloons.
On Thursday afternoon, the Irish will get to work at Beavercreek High School, before departing for the University of Dayton Arena, where they will have media sessions and an open practice from 5:10-5:50 pm ET.
More to come from Dayton. Oh yeah, and there are 32 NCAA tourney games over the next two days. Enjoy.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- That @JShepard32 basketball IQ... 📈 #IrishInTheWNBA #GoIrish twitter.com/minnesotalynx/… 5 hours ago
- "Winning is about having the whole team on the same page." Our coaching staff welcomed @BillWalton to the new home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Welcome the newest member of our family, Marta Sniezek. The fifth-year transfer from Stanford will be eligible to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- “Ceiling breakers can become the new normal.” Coach @MuffetMcGraw presented a #Gracies award to the first female… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @MuffetMcGraw: Out in California for the Gracie awards and stopped by LA sparks practice to see one of our 5 WNBA draftees. Always fun… 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- 1-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals with the @Bucks 8-1 in the @NBA Playoffs Putting up 7+ ppg and 7+ rpg in the p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- To all the Moms, Thanks for ... The daily support. The help with homework. The life lessons. The rides to practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @FightingIrish: In 1904, former @NDFootball quarterback and coach Frank Hering was inspired to create a national Mother’s Day. This #Mo… 1 week ago
- *DAILY-ish PAT UPDATE* On the back of a 7-point, 11-rebound performance, @pconnaughton helps the @Bucks reach the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NDmbb: PLAYOFF PAT. A near double-double from @pconnaughton (9 points, 10 rebounds) helps push the @Bucks to the verge of the Eastern… 2 weeks ago