Mar 9, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
So this is it. No matter where Notre Dame finds itself playing during the 2013-14 campaign, today marks the final day of regular season play in the BIG EAST as we’ve known it.
Maybe it’s appropriate that Pink played a concert at the KFC Yum! Center last night – raising a glass to send off one of the premier conferences in college basketball history.
Fittingly, this Saturday’s games include a pair of marquee rivalries – Syracuse travels to Georgetown, and the #24 Irish (23-7, 11-6) battle #8 Louisville (25-5, 13-4).
The Cardinals only joined the BIG EAST in 2005, but since then, the matchup has produced some absolute classics, with five of the past six games being decided in overtime – most notably the 5-OT epic, one month ago today at Purcell Pavilion.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino has called it arguably the biggest home game in his 12-year tenure at the school, and there’s a red-out planned in the 22,000-seat arena.
Position in next week’s BIG EAST tournament is on the line for Notre Dame, as a win and a Syracuse loss would clinch a double-bye for the third straight season.
It all tips off at 4 pm ET – and if the past is any indication, CBS should plan on extending its coverage past the typical two-hour time frame.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Battle in the state capital heading to halftime. @Bcolson_35 12 pts, 5 reb https://t.co/eZqWKLx9N7 1 day ago
- Ready to roll in Indy. ☘️ vs Hoosiers 2:30 pm ET 📺 @FOXSports 📻 und.com/collegesportsl… https://t.co/ETgYYFKwlB 1 day ago
- RT @NDCheerTeam: Stitched in Tradition ••••• •••• ••• •• • See you in Indy ☘️ #CrossroadsClassic #BeatHoosiers https://t.co/qcOT9NBWZ3 2 days ago
- ❌⭕️ Mental prep ➕ 💪 Physical prep = ready for final 🏀workout🏀 before 💨🚌 to Indy https://t.co/6sKNLeEIW3 2 days ago
- Finals DONE ✅ ❌🚫 Ready to BALL on Saturday ☘️ vs IU | @BLFieldhouse | 2:30 ET @FOXSports https://t.co/KKRACJG9OQ 3 days ago