Feb 27, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
If you’ve ever been to Notre Dame Stadium, you’ve undoubtedly seen Rev. Paul Doyle, C.S.C., the football team’s chaplain, waving his arms to rally 80,795 Irish fans.
Saying pre-game Mass at the Basilica and often accompanying the team on the road, Father Doyle is one of the most recognizable priests on Notre Dame’s campus. But the Dillon Hall rector is not the only clergyman who plays an integral role in Fighting Irish athletics.
Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., known simply as Father Pete on the Notre Dame campus, is rector of Keough Hall and chaplain for the men’s basketball team.
Father Pete, however, is much more than a cheerleader for the Irish. He’s an integral part of Mike Brey‘s program.
I have met a lot of great people during my time at Notre Dame. During trips with the team over the past two seasons, I have gotten to know Father Pete a.k.a. @RooRector a.k.a. DJ McSwish, and he is undoubtedly one of the best. A friend and mentor to the Irish players, a baller with a deadly mid-range jump shot, and a music aficionado who’s been known to sing along with the tunes on the team bus, he’s constantly brightening the lives of those who know him.
If you didn’t already, check out Fighting Irish Digital Media’s new feature above, and while you’re at it, have a look at Matt Lang’s post, “Hanging With Father Pete.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @ndwbb: HERE COME THE IRISH! Our coaches are looking for the next #NDPotOfGold!! #WillYouBeNext #IrishOnTheTrail #WeLoveGold https://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @LA_Cruisen: @IrishCoachIvey thanks Niele! I had fun with you and @ejwill52 🍀 2 days ago
- RT @IrishCoachIvey: One of the best to come out of the DMV stopped by USJN today! Thanks for hanging out @LA_Cruisen 🍀💚 #loveher https://t… 2 days ago
- #goals 🏄🏽🍕 twitter.com/_breezy_briii/… 2 days ago
- HERE COME THE IRISH! Our coaches are looking for the next #NDPotOfGold!! #WillYouBeNext #IrishOnTheTrail #WeLoveGold https://t.co/eoAQbs3kWY 3 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.