Feb 19, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
A 1-for-19 start? Eight first-half turnovers? More than 15 minutes to break double digits? Playing in front of the raucous “Oakland Zoo”?
It looked like a recipe for disaster, and a sure-thing loss for the #25 Notre Dame men’s basketball team.
That was, at least, until the 7:08 mark of the first half.
Frustrated and with his team trailing by 14 points (hey, the football team also overcame a two touchdown deficit against Pittsburgh), head coach Mike Brey was whistled for a technical foul, a rare infraction for the thirteenth year Irish leader.
The Panthers made both free throws to extend their lead to 16, but that was the peak of the evening for the home crowd at the Petersen Events Center.
Led by back-to-back threes from Pat Connaughton, Notre Dame went on a 10-0 run and outscored their BIG EAST foe, 48-23 over the final 27 minutes of the game.
Notre Dame is now 21-6 overall and 9-5 in conference play. Check out a full recap of the big victory on UND.com.
The Irish return to the court on Sunday at Purcell Pavilion against Cincinnati (2 pm ET on CBS).
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @Lakers: OFFICIAL: @D_Jay11 has signed with the #LakeShow on.nba.com/2Mf6mMH 1 week ago
- Oh Captain my Captain! twitter.com/Bucks/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @GoIrish: We are ready for you @NDmbb and @NDHockey fans! Swing by Select-A-Seat tonight (Aug 8) to pick out your season tickets! ⏰ 7-… 1 week ago
- Mike Bennett was a consummate professional who dedicated his life to recording special Notre Dame moments - and alw… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- ✌️ legendary programs ☝️ legendary University twitter.com/marchmadness/s… 2 weeks ago