Feb 13, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Notre Dame welcomed three talented and promising freshmen to the squad this year. These three players look to build on the success of recent Irish squads and leave a mark of their own. Irish UNDerground blogger Lauren Chval sat down to get to know the second of the trio, forward Zach Auguste.
Why did you want to come to Notre Dame?
“I felt like it was the right fit. I had a good relationship with the coaching staff. When I came on my visit, I felt comfortable with the team. It was just a great all around experience.”
Who did you stay with during your campus visit?
What was it like to experience this football season as a freshman?
“The season was definitely a surprise for me. On my visit I came to a football game. Just the crowd and the experience overall was great.”
Which game did you come for on your recruiting visit?
“USC. Even though Notre Dame had some bad luck then…”
What are you planning on majoring in?
“At first I was thinking about business, but I might switch to major in sociology.”
What do you do with your teammates when you’re not playing basketball?
“We’ll sing together, we’ll rap together. We’ll just hang out.”
Who is the best rapper on the team?
What dorm do you live in?
What is it like to live on campus as an athlete?
“It’s weird, because you usually room with your teammates, but I adjusted easily. It’s nice. You definitely have a different experience and get to see what other students are about.”
What is your roommate like?
“He’s real cool. A lot of people make fun of us because I’m 6’10 and he’s like 5’6. He’s from Puerto Rico, so it’s nice to see a different culture and experience different things.”
What has been your favorite part of your freshman year so far?
What was the best part of Frosh-O?
“The best thing was the dance in Stepan. That was wild, because me, Cam, and Austin were just having a lot of fun.”
What was the worst part?
“Definitely the serenading. That was a little bit too much. And we had to run around the campus in T-shirts with swords and all kind of stuff.”
Where is somewhere on campus you visit a lot?
What is a goal you have set for yourself during your time at Notre Dame?
“Definitely win a championship here. First and foremost that.”
What is your relationship with your fellow freshmen?
“Me and Cam are definitely the clowns, and Austin’s the one who keeps us in check.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Penn St in 2013, Maryland in 2014 … who will @ndwbb face in 2015 Big Ten/ACC Challenge? Find out Wednesday! #WB1GACC http://t.co/qZzj8fyryH 10 hours ago
- Good luck to #1 overall draft pick and All-American @jewellloyd who makes preseason debut 2day at 2 ET as @seattlestorm host @PhoenixMercury 17 hours ago
- First day on the job for our new Director of Basketball Ops Katie- @ktcapps ! Make sure you follow her! 🍀 19 hours ago
- Today we remember those who make the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom - your courage must never be forgotten http://t.co/xn8apY3otW 1 day ago
- RT @ruthriley00: Our @goirish student athlete's 1st ever study abroad program was quite the South African history… instagram.com/p/24KqdxjdZ9/ 2 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Showtime Special:✔️ ACC Title:✔️ 14,700,000 watched Elite 8 game:✔️ ESPNU Special: 9:30pm ET Tonight What's Next? http://t.co/4vLX5HYrkC 1 day ago
- 🇺🇸 http://t.co/7Nap9n8ahL 1 day ago
- RT @E_Money_Katenda: Got a chance to read my bible where the apostle Paul gave his speech to the corinthians. #G3 http://t.co/6PGmVv4Avq 4 days ago
- Throwback to when we "danced" our way to a Championship. #ACCchamps #tbt http://t.co/lGBrZb70NY 5 days ago
- It's one thing to have expectations... ...it's another thing to surpass them. http://t.co/DPJ88regmx 6 days ago
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Notre Dame Baseball Sees Big Jump Up the Curve
- Softball. Irish Great Koerner Inks Contract With USSSA Pride
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo's First Season Set Tone For Irish Soccer
- Baseball. Baseball In NCAA Regionals For First Time Since 2006
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Falls In NCAA Singles Championship Semifinal