Feb 13, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Notre Dame welcomed three talented and promising freshmen to the squad this year. These three players look to build on the success of recent Irish squads and leave a mark of their own. Irish UNDerground blogger Lauren Chval sat down to get to know the second of the trio, forward Zach Auguste.
Why did you want to come to Notre Dame?
“I felt like it was the right fit. I had a good relationship with the coaching staff. When I came on my visit, I felt comfortable with the team. It was just a great all around experience.”
Who did you stay with during your campus visit?
What was it like to experience this football season as a freshman?
“The season was definitely a surprise for me. On my visit I came to a football game. Just the crowd and the experience overall was great.”
Which game did you come for on your recruiting visit?
“USC. Even though Notre Dame had some bad luck then…”
What are you planning on majoring in?
“At first I was thinking about business, but I might switch to major in sociology.”
What do you do with your teammates when you’re not playing basketball?
“We’ll sing together, we’ll rap together. We’ll just hang out.”
Who is the best rapper on the team?
What dorm do you live in?
What is it like to live on campus as an athlete?
“It’s weird, because you usually room with your teammates, but I adjusted easily. It’s nice. You definitely have a different experience and get to see what other students are about.”
What is your roommate like?
“He’s real cool. A lot of people make fun of us because I’m 6’10 and he’s like 5’6. He’s from Puerto Rico, so it’s nice to see a different culture and experience different things.”
What has been your favorite part of your freshman year so far?
What was the best part of Frosh-O?
“The best thing was the dance in Stepan. That was wild, because me, Cam, and Austin were just having a lot of fun.”
What was the worst part?
“Definitely the serenading. That was a little bit too much. And we had to run around the campus in T-shirts with swords and all kind of stuff.”
Where is somewhere on campus you visit a lot?
What is a goal you have set for yourself during your time at Notre Dame?
“Definitely win a championship here. First and foremost that.”
What is your relationship with your fellow freshmen?
“Me and Cam are definitely the clowns, and Austin’s the one who keeps us in check.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- We can't let this day pass without wishing our incredible Director of Ops, Katie Capps, a Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎁🎂 https://t.co/dEBqjv7AXT 17 hours ago
- Thanks to Chairman of our Board of Trustees, Jack Brennan, for stopping by practice to check on the squad!! 1 week… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 day ago
- Irish Fans! Be sure to check out @IrishCoachIvey performing with @toddrundgren in the North Dome for the Duke Pep Rally at 5:45pm!! 🎤🍀🏀💅🏾 1 day ago
- RT @IrishCoachIvey: It's Friday!! Happy to be home and excited to be with our special guests for the weekend!🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀 https://t.co/KqfSJjAoWL 1 day ago
- RT @TheHRReview: .@_Breezy_Briii & @ndwbb come to H-town, 11/22, to hoop against Louisiana Lafayette. 7pm, inside the Campbell Center. #nca… 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDmbb: He calls himself 'the loosest Coach in America.' 🕶🕶🕶🕶🕶 Let's add 'Coolest Coach in America' for @NDMikeBrey https://t.co/1mVSeFv… 8 hours ago
- He calls himself 'the loosest Coach in America.' 🕶🕶🕶🕶🕶 Let's add 'Coolest Coach in America' for @NDMikeBrey https://t.co/1mVSeFvrxJ 20 hours ago
- 🇱🇹💪🇱🇹 Our Lithuanian Big Man @Martin_Geben is ready to showcase his development. The Irish return in 4️⃣9️⃣ days... https://t.co/wbJTZSEEYb 1 day ago
- RT @TheRealDJHarvey: Go Irish💯😈🍀! All glory to God🙏🏾 https://t.co/NJFRupxlqs 1 day ago
- Just about an hour until Coach Brey and JG will be here. In Chicago? Stop by and say #GoIrish 5:30-7:30 CT 600 N M… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago