Feb 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Ever wished you knew more about sophomore guard Madison Cable? Well we caught up with her after practice to get to know her a little better. Enjoy!
What accomplishment or trait are you most proud of?
“I’m most proud of getting here and being successful with my teammates and family and friends.”
If you could choose anyone to be your teammate (doesn’t have to be a basketball player), who would it be?
What is your favorite kids’ movie?
“Toy Story. It’s still my favorite.”
What’s been your favorite class at Notre Dame so far?
“I think it’d be my U.S. History class freshman year.”
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Work hard and have fun.”
What’s the most-played song on your playlist?
“Any song by Billy Joel could be my most-played song.”
What’s your favorite thing about basketball as a sport?
“It’s just fun to work and get better with your teammates every day. And off the court, too, the relationships you make.”
What’s the weirdest basketball-related thing you’ve ever seen?
“People scoring at the wrong hoops. People subbing in the game without going to the table, they just run in. That’s pretty bad, too.”
What’s your favorite holiday?
“Christmas and the Fourth of July.”
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
“My room. And the dining hall – South Dining Hall.”
Why did you decide to switch your jersey number to 22?
“I switched to 22 because that was my number all through high school and AAU, and I just couldn’t have it last year because Brittany Mallory had it, but since she left I took it.”
Does that number have any special meaning for you?
“I just like it. My sister wore it, my dad wore it, so I just like it.”
You missed most of last season with stress fractures in your feet. Has that changed the way you look at basketball?
“It definitely does. I’d never been hurt in my life before last year, so now I know every time you step on the court it could be your last time, so just have fun and work as long as you can every time you play, because you never know what could happen.”
What’s your least-favorite part of practice?
“[A drill called] approach. Full-court approach.”
What’s your pet-peeve?
“When Markisha [Wright] goes ‘Gah!’”
When you were younger, was there anything that you would regularly get in trouble for?
“I was a bad child, so I got in trouble for pretty much everything.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Good luck to @NDFootball today in their Blue and Gold Spring game ! Catch them on @NBCSN at 12:30 pm EST 🍀🏈 59 minutes ago
- RT @btorun111: @ndwbb @mcable22 very happy for you and your team... 1 hour ago
- RT @kezarkid: @ndwbb great news. Miss Hustle!! 14 hours ago
- RT @vannaman15: Best news I've heard all day is that @mcable22 is playing another season for @ndwbb! 🙌🏼🏀😍 14 hours ago
- RT @IrishCoachIvey: Welcome back @mcable22 ! Looks like we will be seeing a bit more of this! So happy...you are amazing🙌🍀 https://t.co/lFC… 16 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDSlo: The schedule may end but the teaching never stops...#development http://t.co/ZcTC66EFsj 16 hours ago
- LET'S GET SOME RUNS!!! Coaching isn't the only talent Coach Brey has. ⚾️🏀🍀 #TakeMeOutToTheBallGame #Throwback http://t.co/zsQuAAqbBC 1 day ago
- There are two certainties in life - No Ties and Taxes. http://t.co/M4xdJ5Z2Bz 3 days ago
- Coach Brey had a surprise for our guys at our banquet Can't wait to see that banner in the Purcell Pavilion Rafters! http://t.co/mb7bmYuh0c 3 days ago
- They took us to new heights due to their selfless play & leadership. Jerian & Pat are our MVPs. #NDmbbAwards http://t.co/f7yWLMNJ7y 4 days ago