Feb 9, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
If ESPN has learned anything from this season’s College GameDay trips, it’s that when it comes to basketball, you should never doubt a kid in the Hoosier State.
For the second time this year, and just the fourth time in the show’s history, a student made the State Farm half-court shot. Both of this year’s memorable shots were made in Indiana. For anyone who’s seen the movie Hoosiers, this kind of stuff doesn’t come as a surprise.
Three weeks ago in Indianapolis, Butler student Kevin Schwartz broke an 0-for-32 streak by hitting his first shot.
This morning, Notre Dame senior Casey Murdock banked in his second attempt, sending the crowd at Purcell Pavilion into a frenzy. It even resulted in the first court-storming in GameDay history.
After being mobbed by his classmates and the entire Irish hoops team, Casey was awarded with a check for $18,000.
As Rece Davis said, “What kind of omen could that be for tonight?”
Hopefully a good one. We’ll find out in a few hours.
#25 Notre Dame vs. #11 Louisville. 9 pm ET on ESPN.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- We know without a doubt that @SkyDigg4 will bounce back from this injury! Prayers up for a successful and healthy recovery! 🙏🏾🍀We 💚 you Sky 12 hours ago
- Also great performance by @kaymac_2123 with 18 pts ! #IrishinWNBA 14 hours ago
- Great wins last night by @IndianaFever and @NatAchon w/ 10pts and also @jewellloyd and @seattlestorm w/13pts 14 hours ago
- RT @NDMiami: Congrats to @ShannonBoxx7 ('99 @NDSoccer) & @ussoccer_wnt for reaching the FINALS with 2-0 win over Germany! 🇺🇸⚽️ http://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- Wishing @busta_reimes good luck as she heads to Colo Springs to start camp with @usabasketball Pan Am Games Team http://t.co/IgJTAgxUUY 21 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.