Feb 9, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
If ESPN has learned anything from this season’s College GameDay trips, it’s that when it comes to basketball, you should never doubt a kid in the Hoosier State.
For the second time this year, and just the fourth time in the show’s history, a student made the State Farm half-court shot. Both of this year’s memorable shots were made in Indiana. For anyone who’s seen the movie Hoosiers, this kind of stuff doesn’t come as a surprise.
Three weeks ago in Indianapolis, Butler student Kevin Schwartz broke an 0-for-32 streak by hitting his first shot.
This morning, Notre Dame senior Casey Murdock banked in his second attempt, sending the crowd at Purcell Pavilion into a frenzy. It even resulted in the first court-storming in GameDay history.
After being mobbed by his classmates and the entire Irish hoops team, Casey was awarded with a check for $18,000.
As Rece Davis said, “What kind of omen could that be for tonight?”
Hopefully a good one. We’ll find out in a few hours.
#25 Notre Dame vs. #11 Louisville. 9 pm ET on ESPN.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- ND Day is live! Our @BonzieColson will be live in the 9 pm ET hour tonight. twitter.com/ndmbb/status/8… 4 days ago
- Our goal = send local kids to our summer camps You can help Vote for us during @ProudtobeND 💵 ▶️ camp costs 🗳️ ▶️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- RT @NDBusiness: When you see a fellow Domer on #NationalHighFiveDay... ☘️ @NDmbb https://t.co/ShUwC44df6 1 week ago
- A look back at one of our top moments from 2016-17 - a steal and drive seals The Legends Classic Championship over… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Only returning @accmbb player w/1,200+ pts, 600+ rebs. @BonzieColson's return puts Irish in contention in 2017-18… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago