Feb 8, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
It’s been quite a day here at Notre Dame. After the equipment trucks arrived yesterday, ESPN has been getting set up and preparing for College GameDay throughout the afternoon. While it’s not quite the spectacle that came in October for the football edition, there’s still a ton of equipment, and there’s no doubt that the circus has come to South Bend.
The show’s host Rece Davis and analysts Jay Bilas, Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose have been busy preparing for tomorrow, shooting a couple of segments on the Purcell Pavilion court and turning the Monogram Room into the team’s personal “war room.”
The GameDay gang also spoke with Fighting Irish Digital Media in Heritage Hall. Check back later to YouTube.com/NotreDameAthletics for some great footage with Rece, Jay, Digger and Jalen.
Throughout the day tomorrow, we plan to bring you the inside scoop on all the action at Purcell Pavilion, so make sure you’re keeping an eye on Twitter. Here’s a quick list of the accounts you should follow:
- @NDmbb – official Notre Dame men’s basketball account
- @FightingIrish – official Fighting Irish athletics account
- @NDSportsBlogger – my account (shameless plug)
- @LepLegion – official voice of the Notre Dame student body
We’ll post a few photos on Instagram (@TheFightingIrish), and you’ll also want to keep an eye on the various ESPN accounts and personalities who will be on campus.
If you were at the Michigan football game this past fall, you might remember the special gigapixel that allowed fans to zoom in and find themselves in Notre Dame Stadium. The folks from Blakeway are back on campus this weekend, and will be taking similar photos at tonight’s hockey game, as well as tomorrow’s hoops showdown. The basketball gigapixel will be available at und.com/mbbpano. You can visit the site now to sign up for an email notification when the photo is ready.
It’s an early morning on Saturday, as the doors open for students at 8:15 am and 8:30 am for the general public. The show begins at 10 am on ESPNU before switching to ESPN at 11, but there will also be a live Sportscenter hit during the 9 o’clock hour.
Rest up between noon and 7 pm because the action all starts back up with another hour of GameDay at 8, before the #25 Fighting Irish and #11 Cardinals tip-off just after 9 pm ET.
First, here’s a look back at some of the fun from this afternoon.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Congrats to @alipaige_14 @Arike_O @mmabrey1 on being named to the Parade All-America High School team! 🍀🍀🍀 2 hours ago
- Fun day at @SJCHabitat with the coaching staff! Great to be back helping for a great cause!🍀🔨🔩🔧 http://t.co/1PKFsBQ0u8 1 day ago
- Check out Coach Diamond in South Africa!!! http://t.co/zR0uPDdaOE 1 day ago
- RT @ruthriley00: @ShineLikeMe35 not only teaches how to shoot, she also becomes a hoop herself! @ndwbb in South Africa! #hoopsforhope http:… 2 days ago
- It's official - we will play Ohio State in this year's Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Dec. 2 at Purcell Pavilion! #WB1GACC http://t.co/ruTLtXqk06 2 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDSlo: On the campus of Notre Dame...#weekend http://t.co/F5z6ZEzl0B 1 hour ago
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: Thinking about lacing up the Curry's to watch NBA MVP @StephenCurry30 close out the series tonight #TeamUA #SC30MVP h… 1 day ago
- RT @NDSlo: Another one coming...#ND twitter.com/ndmbb/status/6… 1 day ago
- RING WEDNESDAY Have you ever seen the ring from our BIG EAST (West) Title in 2001? Take a look at Coach's bling: http://t.co/idcDC3v1dp 2 days ago
- Showtime Special:✔️ ACC Title:✔️ 14,700,000 watched Elite 8 game:✔️ ESPNU Special: 9:30pm ET Tonight What's Next? http://t.co/4vLX5HYrkC 3 days ago
- Baseball. Irish Extra: NCAA Bid Means a Little Extra to Kutsulis
- Track. Irish Strong On First Day At NCAA East Preliminary
- Baseball. Irish In Champaign For First NCAA Regional In Nine Years
- W. Rowing. Kottkamp Repeats As NCAA Elite 89 Award Winner
- W. Rowing. #16 Irish Out West For NCAA Rowing Championship