Feb 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Last night, the Super Bowl was dubbed “the Har-Bowl,” as brothers Jim and John Harbaugh led the 49ers and Ravens on opposing sidelines.
This evening, Notre Dame (18-4 overall, 6-3 BIG EAST) and Syracuse (18-3, 6-2) will meet in what Jack Cooley is calling “the Grant Game.”
With the Irish at the halfway point of their BIG EAST schedule, it’s a huge matchup for position in the conference standings, and you can bet both teams will be fired up for the nationally televised showdown (7 pm ET on ESPN).
Jerami made his first career start on Saturday at Pittsburgh, and is expected to be in the lineup again tonight. Though Jerian and Jerami won’t be directly matched up against one another (Syracuse plays a zone defense. Tom Knight will likely guard 6-foot-8 Jerami on the other end), the game means a lot for family bragging rights and the sibling rivalry.
In the 1980’s, Jerian and Jerami’s father, Harvey played alongside his brother Horace at Clemson University. Both went on to successful careers in the NBA, with uncle Horace winning four titles with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.
In Super Bowl XLVII, it was the older Harbaugh sibling (John) whose team hoisted the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the night. Though there’s no trophy on the line tonight, big brother Jerian is hoping to follow in John’s footsteps and lead his squad to a big victory.
Game tomorrow! I need to take notes from John Harbaugh (big bro)
— Jerian Grant (@ThatGrant22) February 4, 2013
Jerian passed along a few photos of he and his family for us to share. Check them out below.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- That @JShepard32 basketball IQ... 📈 #IrishInTheWNBA #GoIrish twitter.com/minnesotalynx/… 5 hours ago
- "Winning is about having the whole team on the same page." Our coaching staff welcomed @BillWalton to the new home… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Welcome the newest member of our family, Marta Sniezek. The fifth-year transfer from Stanford will be eligible to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- “Ceiling breakers can become the new normal.” Coach @MuffetMcGraw presented a #Gracies award to the first female… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @MuffetMcGraw: Out in California for the Gracie awards and stopped by LA sparks practice to see one of our 5 WNBA draftees. Always fun… 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- 1-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals with the @Bucks 8-1 in the @NBA Playoffs Putting up 7+ ppg and 7+ rpg in the p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- To all the Moms, Thanks for ... The daily support. The help with homework. The life lessons. The rides to practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @FightingIrish: In 1904, former @NDFootball quarterback and coach Frank Hering was inspired to create a national Mother’s Day. This #Mo… 1 week ago
- *DAILY-ish PAT UPDATE* On the back of a 7-point, 11-rebound performance, @pconnaughton helps the @Bucks reach the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NDmbb: PLAYOFF PAT. A near double-double from @pconnaughton (9 points, 10 rebounds) helps push the @Bucks to the verge of the Eastern… 2 weeks ago