Feb 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Last night, the Super Bowl was dubbed “the Har-Bowl,” as brothers Jim and John Harbaugh led the 49ers and Ravens on opposing sidelines.
This evening, Notre Dame (18-4 overall, 6-3 BIG EAST) and Syracuse (18-3, 6-2) will meet in what Jack Cooley is calling “the Grant Game.”
With the Irish at the halfway point of their BIG EAST schedule, it’s a huge matchup for position in the conference standings, and you can bet both teams will be fired up for the nationally televised showdown (7 pm ET on ESPN).
Jerami made his first career start on Saturday at Pittsburgh, and is expected to be in the lineup again tonight. Though Jerian and Jerami won’t be directly matched up against one another (Syracuse plays a zone defense. Tom Knight will likely guard 6-foot-8 Jerami on the other end), the game means a lot for family bragging rights and the sibling rivalry.
In the 1980’s, Jerian and Jerami’s father, Harvey played alongside his brother Horace at Clemson University. Both went on to successful careers in the NBA, with uncle Horace winning four titles with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.
In Super Bowl XLVII, it was the older Harbaugh sibling (John) whose team hoisted the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the night. Though there’s no trophy on the line tonight, big brother Jerian is hoping to follow in John’s footsteps and lead his squad to a big victory.
Game tomorrow! I need to take notes from John Harbaugh (big bro)
— Jerian Grant (@ThatGrant22) February 4, 2013
Jerian passed along a few photos of he and his family for us to share. Check them out below.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Penn St in 2013, Maryland in 2014 … who will @ndwbb face in 2015 Big Ten/ACC Challenge? Find out Wednesday! #WB1GACC http://t.co/qZzj8fyryH 6 hours ago
- Good luck to #1 overall draft pick and All-American @jewellloyd who makes preseason debut 2day at 2 ET as @seattlestorm host @PhoenixMercury 13 hours ago
- First day on the job for our new Director of Basketball Ops Katie- @ktcapps ! Make sure you follow her! 🍀 15 hours ago
- Today we remember those who make the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom - your courage must never be forgotten http://t.co/xn8apY3otW 1 day ago
- RT @ruthriley00: Our @goirish student athlete's 1st ever study abroad program was quite the South African history… instagram.com/p/24KqdxjdZ9/ 2 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Showtime Special:✔️ ACC Title:✔️ 14,700,000 watched Elite 8 game:✔️ ESPNU Special: 9:30pm ET Tonight What's Next? http://t.co/4vLX5HYrkC 1 day ago
- 🇺🇸 http://t.co/7Nap9n8ahL 1 day ago
- RT @E_Money_Katenda: Got a chance to read my bible where the apostle Paul gave his speech to the corinthians. #G3 http://t.co/6PGmVv4Avq 4 days ago
- Throwback to when we "danced" our way to a Championship. #ACCchamps #tbt http://t.co/lGBrZb70NY 5 days ago
- It's one thing to have expectations... ...it's another thing to surpass them. http://t.co/DPJ88regmx 6 days ago
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Notre Dame Baseball Sees Big Jump Up the Curve
- Softball. Irish Great Koerner Inks Contract With USSSA Pride
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo's First Season Set Tone For Irish Soccer
- Baseball. Baseball In NCAA Regionals For First Time Since 2006
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Falls In NCAA Singles Championship Semifinal