Jan 22, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Jan. 21, 2012 was a special night for the Notre Dame men’s basketball team.
Jan. 21, 2013…not so much.
On a frigid night, the Irish were nearly as cold as the South Bend air, struggling from the start against Georgetown and trailing by 13 at halftime.
But Notre Dame battled back early in the second half, cutting a 15-point deficit to three and igniting the Purcell Pavilion crowd.
That was as close as the Irish would get, however, as the comeback effort fell apart and the Hoyas went on an 18-0 run, on their way to a 63-47 victory.
Check out the full recap on UND.com. Notre Dame returns to the court on Saturday at South Florida (noon ET on the Big East Network).
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- ND Day is live! Our @BonzieColson will be live in the 9 pm ET hour tonight. twitter.com/ndmbb/status/8… 3 days ago
- Our goal = send local kids to our summer camps You can help Vote for us during @ProudtobeND 💵 ▶️ camp costs 🗳️ ▶️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @NDBusiness: When you see a fellow Domer on #NationalHighFiveDay... ☘️ @NDmbb https://t.co/ShUwC44df6 6 days ago
- A look back at one of our top moments from 2016-17 - a steal and drive seals The Legends Classic Championship over… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Only returning @accmbb player w/1,200+ pts, 600+ rebs. @BonzieColson's return puts Irish in contention in 2017-18… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago