Jan 16, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
After falling behind by 12 points in the second half at Madison Square Garden, the #20 Notre Dame men’s basketball switched to zone defense and battled back to take a 61-59 lead with just over four minutes to play.
But the Irish’s hopes of avoiding a second straight loss in BIG EAST play fell short, as the St. John’s Red Storm held on for a 67-63 victory.
Eric Atkins scored a season-high 21 points and grabbed a career-high six steals, but it was all for nothing, unfortunately, as Notre Dame dropped its second straight game to fall to 14-3 overall and 2-2 in the conference.
Check out the full recap and box score here.
Notre Dame will look to right the ship this weekend, when Rutgers comes to town on Saturday night (8 pm ET on BIG EAST Network).
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- “Notre Dame is such a magical place. You can really feel the tradition when you walk around this campus.” -… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Catch @MuffetMcGraw on @ESPNUonSiriusXM 📻 at 11:15 am ET https://t.co/c7adM4MRGv 2 days ago
- ICYMI: @Arike_O & @mmabrey1 took over ACC Media Day 💯 https://t.co/EeVxmWiRGE 2 days ago
- That’s a wrap on #ACCMediaDay Back to the Bend! 🛩 https://t.co/y5UEOOhReL 3 days ago
- #Buckets 🏀 #ACCMediaDay https://t.co/ag7cKoC3sU 3 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament