Jan 12, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
On Jan. 14, 2012, Connecticut snapped Notre Dame’s 29-game home winning streak.
This afternoon, the Huskies defeated the Irish, 65-58, breaking another pair of Notre Dame winning streaks – 12 straight victories this season and 17 straight wins at Purcell Pavilion.
In fact, this is the third time since 2009 that the Huskies have come to South Bend and left with a win. They also ended a 45-game home streak on Jan. 24, 2009.
After falling behind late in the second half, Eric Atkins scored six straight points to tie the score at 58 with 1:04 to play. But the Huskies scored seven unanswered points in the final minute to upset the #17 Irish.
Notre Dame heads to the Big Apple on Sunday evening in preparation for Tuesday’s game against St. John’s (7:00 pm ET on ESPN2). Below are the highlights and post-game press conference from Saturday’s action.
Click here for full recap and stats.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- From 💙Blue & Gold💛 to 💜Purple & Gold💛 From 🛫Marlborough to 🛬 Los Angeles From 🏀#DunksDuLac🏀 to 🌟#Showtime🌟 twitter.com/lakers/status/… 2 days ago
- 📌 @NDMikeBrey pinpointing @VjBeachem 's role for us in 2016-17. #Together #NotDoneYet https://t.co/7FKH1vc5Ce 2 days ago
- All 👀 on ☘ Already 5️⃣ scheduled national 📺 games - before ACC play even begins... https://t.co/t5qmPmVGPO 6 days ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 📝@NDmbb coach Mike Brey's summer checklist ⚾️Throw 1st pitch @ Wrigley Field 🎤Lead @Cubs through 7th-inning stretch htt… 1 week ago
- 🙌 That feeling of being back on campus playing pick up with your brothers. #Together @rexpflueger_1 @VjBeachem https://t.co/n2Ts8QyhWt 1 week ago