Jan 12, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
On Jan. 14, 2012, Connecticut snapped Notre Dame’s 29-game home winning streak.
This afternoon, the Huskies defeated the Irish, 65-58, breaking another pair of Notre Dame winning streaks – 12 straight victories this season and 17 straight wins at Purcell Pavilion.
In fact, this is the third time since 2009 that the Huskies have come to South Bend and left with a win. They also ended a 45-game home streak on Jan. 24, 2009.
After falling behind late in the second half, Eric Atkins scored six straight points to tie the score at 58 with 1:04 to play. But the Huskies scored seven unanswered points in the final minute to upset the #17 Irish.
Notre Dame heads to the Big Apple on Sunday evening in preparation for Tuesday’s game against St. John’s (7:00 pm ET on ESPN2). Below are the highlights and post-game press conference from Saturday’s action.
Click here for full recap and stats.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Can you hear us cheering from Louisville 🙌 Congrats to @NDmbb on a HUGE WIN over #2 UNC 🍀🏀🍀 #GoIrish 1 hour ago
- Getting ready for Louisville! Arike is taking over @ndwbb snapchat today during our travels ✈️ Make sure to follow 🍀 9 hours ago
- The top 2 teams in the ACC will square off Sunday at 2 pm ET as @ndwbb heads to Louisville. Game will be on ESPN2 https://t.co/uITHIcahXy 10 hours ago
- All the excitement of @CollegeGameDay here in South Bend today! https://t.co/GGONNnefj8 10 hours ago
- RT @MagicJohnson: Amazing business meeting with @SkyDigg4. Now I can see why she's a great PG, because she's a very intelligent woman! http… 11 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.