Jan 10, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
For both Notre Dame fans and Fighting Irish Digital Media, most of the past several weeks were spent focused on football and the BCS championship game.
With the season over, it’s time to turn attention from the gridiron to the hardwood.
After all, the Notre Dame men’s basketball team has now won 12 straight games, including its first two BIG EAST contests – a 93-74 victory against Seton Hall on Saturday and a 66-60 win at Cincinnati, just before the title game on Monday.
The streak is Notre Dame’s longest since the 2006-07 season, and the 14-1 start is the best in the Mike Brey era.
In each of the past five victories, the Irish have shot at least 50% from the field, marking the first time they have achieved that feat since a streak of ten straight games during the 1988-89 season. They went 8-2 during that stretch from Jan. 3 – Feb. 2, 1989.
On Saturday, the Fighting Irish host Connecticut (2 pm ET on Big East Network). The Irish defeated the Huskies in Hartford last season, but will look to avenge their Jan. 2012 home loss. That 67-53 defeat on Jan. 14 was the last game Notre Dame lost at Purcell Pavilion.
Before focusing on UConn, here’s a look back at the past two Irish victories.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- ND Day is live! Our @BonzieColson will be live in the 9 pm ET hour tonight. twitter.com/ndmbb/status/8… 4 days ago
- Our goal = send local kids to our summer camps You can help Vote for us during @ProudtobeND 💵 ▶️ camp costs 🗳️ ▶️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- RT @NDBusiness: When you see a fellow Domer on #NationalHighFiveDay... ☘️ @NDmbb https://t.co/ShUwC44df6 1 week ago
- A look back at one of our top moments from 2016-17 - a steal and drive seals The Legends Classic Championship over… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Only returning @accmbb player w/1,200+ pts, 600+ rebs. @BonzieColson's return puts Irish in contention in 2017-18… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago