Nov 20, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
When Notre Dame fell to Xavier in the second round of the NCAA tournament in March, Scott Martin thought he may have played his last game for the Fighting Irish.
It was not until May, that the Valparaiso, Ind. native learned he had been approved for a sixth year by the NCAA.
During this past weekend’s Coaches vs. Cancer Classic on TruTV, Turner Sports featured a story on Martin’s 2008 transfer to Notre Dame and his battle back from an ACL injury in the following season.
The video includes interviews with Martin and his parents, as well as head coach Mike Brey, athletic trainer Skip Meyer, director of compliance Brent Moberg and Irish play-by-play announcer Jack Nolan.
It’s a great segment, and is certain to make you further appreciate having the Irish tri-captain back for another season in South Bend. Click here to watch the five-minute video narrated by sportscaster Ernie Johnson.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- ND Day is live! Our @BonzieColson will be live in the 9 pm ET hour tonight. twitter.com/ndmbb/status/8… 3 days ago
- Our goal = send local kids to our summer camps You can help Vote for us during @ProudtobeND 💵 ▶️ camp costs 🗳️ ▶️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @NDBusiness: When you see a fellow Domer on #NationalHighFiveDay... ☘️ @NDmbb https://t.co/ShUwC44df6 6 days ago
- A look back at one of our top moments from 2016-17 - a steal and drive seals The Legends Classic Championship over… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Only returning @accmbb player w/1,200+ pts, 600+ rebs. @BonzieColson's return puts Irish in contention in 2017-18… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago