Nov 20, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
When Notre Dame fell to Xavier in the second round of the NCAA tournament in March, Scott Martin thought he may have played his last game for the Fighting Irish.
It was not until May, that the Valparaiso, Ind. native learned he had been approved for a sixth year by the NCAA.
During this past weekend’s Coaches vs. Cancer Classic on TruTV, Turner Sports featured a story on Martin’s 2008 transfer to Notre Dame and his battle back from an ACL injury in the following season.
The video includes interviews with Martin and his parents, as well as head coach Mike Brey, athletic trainer Skip Meyer, director of compliance Brent Moberg and Irish play-by-play announcer Jack Nolan.
It’s a great segment, and is certain to make you further appreciate having the Irish tri-captain back for another season in South Bend. Click here to watch the five-minute video narrated by sportscaster Ernie Johnson.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Another first 👀- this time @JuwanDurham in his first practice at Notre Dame. https://t.co/G5dfv08osU 14 hours ago
- A first 👀 at DJ in drills today (aka @TheRealDJHarvey) https://t.co/wNk8ocFB7O 14 hours ago
- ⏱Time for the first official summer workout as the 2017-18 ☘️Fighting Irish☘️ It all starts ↘️NOW↙️ #LevelUp https://t.co/I0lM4MzpGF 15 hours ago
- RT @robbycarmody23: God, Country, Notre Dame. https://t.co/J3EthOpUJ9 17 hours ago
- The Joyce Center Notre Dame Stadium. THE MOON. @MattyFarr3 will pull up and drain it from anywhere. https://t.co/yITVT6tIP6 3 days ago