Apr 25, 2014, 10:28 AM EST
What if I told you that you could play in a basketball tournament with a $500,000 winner-take-all prize? Well now you can! Just don’t expect to win as eight former members of the Irish basketball squad are joining forces to try and bring home the prize.
In true Notre Dame fashion, the team plans on being charitable if they come out on top as they intend to donate $100,000 of the winnings to charity.
The rules of the “The Basketball Tournament” (TBT) are pretty simple: College rules, except halves are 18 minutes, each team gets four timeouts per game, each player gets six fouls and the shot clock will be 45 seconds (except for the final game, which will feature a Fan’s choice shot clock time).
As you will see, a lot of the rules come down to fan voting.
Here is the important information you need to know.
- 32 team tournament
- 24 teams that registered automatically get in if they have the most fans supporting their team
- The last eight spots are chosen by the committee
So what you can figure out from this is we need to vote to keep our alums in. What alums are playing you ask?
- Chris Thomas
- Tyrone Nash
- Kieran Piller
- Russell Carter
- Zach Hillesland
- Ryan Ayers
- Colin Falls
- Rob Kurz
Now that you see what kind of talent that has been assembled on the squad, take a few moments to vote for the guys and help them donate $100,000 to a number of charities, including Coach Brey’s Coaches vs. Cancer initiative. CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE IRISH, IT’S FREE
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- The @NDSportsBlogger sat down with our radio play-by-play man @NDJackNolan to talk all things @NDmbb. LISTEN: fightingirish.tumblr.com/post/105609602… 2 hours ago
- RT @NDJackNolan: Thanks to @Austin_Burgett for doing a great job on @NDMikeBrey radio show. We are back at O'Rourke's in 2 weeks. http://t.… 14 hours ago
- Want great food and to talk a little ND Hoops? Come out to O'Rourke's tonight at 7pm for the Mike Brey Radio Show w/guest Austin Burgett. 18 hours ago
- "VJ Beachem was in practice yesterday shooting and doing some 5-0. Won't play Saturday, but it is encouraging." -Mike Brey on VJ's injury 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Time for @NDmbb's Weekly Press Conference! Tune in on @WatchND- ntrda.me/1DQeKrD #GoIrish 1 day ago
- General News. Former Notre Dame Sports Medicine Pioneer Dr. Les Bodnar Dies
- M. Basketball. #21/21 Irish To Clash With Purdue At Crossroads Classic
- Football. ECHOES `14: Notre Dame Football Awards Show Premieres December 20, 2014 on NBC Sports Network
- Fencing. Francesca Russo: Big-Time Dreamer, Full-Throttle Fencer
- W. Soccer. Naughton, Roccaro Named To NSCAA Scholar All-America Third Team