Apr 6, 2014, 12:10 AM EDT
Gary Paczesny is a member of the Notre Dame women’s basketball travel party that will be writing a daily blog about traveling to the Women’s Final Four in Nashville, Tenn.
Saturday in Nashville started early as the Fighting Irish enjoyed breakfast at the team hotel before departing for Bridgestone Arena for meetings with the media.
The team spent the first 30 minutes talking with members of the media, including many media outlets from both the Nashville and South Bend areas.
Following the media session, the Irish took to the court. It was the first time the team was able to get on the playing surface. The court, painted specifically to match the host city, had theming of music notes, guitar picks and guitars.
The public was invited to attend the one-hour practice, which saw the spirited crown cheer throughout, led by the cheerleaders and Band of the Fighting Irish.
Kayla McBride finished the one-hour session by hitting the traditional practice-ending half-court shot, much to the crowds excitement.
Practice concluded with the Irish Jig, something that the players enjoy, and fans of the women’s basketball team see each time before tip-off.
The entire team then made their way to the concourse level of Bridgestone Arena for a public autograph session. The session typical last 30 minutes, but with so many fans eager to get an autographed team picture, the Fighting Irish stayed an extra 20 minutes.
They players then returned to the arena floor, as Kayla McBride and Jewell Loyd where each presented as members of the WBCA Coaches All-American Team.
After a short afternoon break back at the hotel, the team boarded the bus heading back to Bridgestone Arena headed for Dressing Room H. What was happening in Dressing Room H you ask? Head Coach Muffet McGraw was presented the AP Coach of the Year Award.
Following the award presentation, the team returned to the hotel and enjoyed a dinner of chicken and steak fajitas with all of the fixings. Once nourished, the squad went over the game plan, watched film and went through final preparation before turning in for the night.
The Fighting Irish and the Maryland Terrapins tip-off at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN/WatchESPN. Listen locally on Pulse FM in South Bend or nationally on Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Sold out season tix for 6th straight year, now looking to sell out '14-15 single-game tix - on sale Thurs 8:30 am ET via @NDTIX #PACKEDhouse 3 hours ago
- Thanks to Jeff Nix and Coach Stan Van Gundy for letting us watch the @DetroitPistons practice! Good luck this year🍀🏀 http://t.co/0vxNCF29wL 3 hours ago
- New office today for our coaching staff in Detroit observing the Pistons practice! 🍀🏀 http://t.co/0CQOwWHKIB 5 hours ago
- Congrats to @NDSoccer's Liz Tucker on being named the 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year! Proud to have such a great representative of ND!🍀🍀🍀💚💚💚 18 hours ago
- 17 more days till our first exhibition game! 🍀 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- We are just days away from our season! RESERVE your tickets for the 2014-15 season-> UND.com/BuyTickets http://t.co/pALxa0nGDs 2 hours ago
- Hey @NDFootball, hands up on defense! Keep up the pressure! #NDvsFSU http://t.co/fOP6jpyjcK 1 day ago
- We are all behind you @NDFootball! Even Florida State's AD is a @FightingIrish fan. It's 1981 alum Stan Wilcox! 1 day ago
- As our guys leave for Fall Break, take a few minutes to see @NDMikeBrey take a break in the summer @ @ChicagolndSpdwy: youtube.com/watch?v=2veDpv… 3 days ago
- While you watch 1993 #NDFBClassics vs FSU @ 8pm on WatchND.tv/classics - remember Monty averaged 22.4ppg that year http://t.co/rZAJi1WAT2 3 days ago
- M. Tennis. Irish Doubles Squad Completes Upset Weekend To Claim USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Crown
- W. Soccer. Elizabeth Tucker from University of Notre Dame Named 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Tennis. Irish Upset Irish, Earn Bid Into Doubles Championship At Midwest Regionals
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Places 10th In Strong Mercedes-Benz Championship Field
- W. Tennis. Top Doubles Tandem Advances To Monday's USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championship Match