Mar 22, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
By the time Notre Dame and Iowa State tip off tonight, the most exciting two days in college basketball will be almost over. The 9:45 pm matchup between the #7 seed Fighting Irish and #10 seed Cyclones is scheduled to be the 30th of 32 second round games, and will close out a full day of hoops at the University of Dayton Arena for CBS announcers Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg and Tracy Wolfson.
This morning, the Irish returned to the site of tonight’s tilt, as well as the Ed Zink Fieldhouse at Beavercreek High School, for a couple of final shootarounds.
Thus far, two of the top five seeds in the West Region (#3 New Mexico and #5 Wisconsin) have already fallen, with a third, #4 Kansas State trailing LaSalle by 18 at halftime.
The bracket is certainly opening up for a team to make an unexpected run deep into the tournament, and Notre Dame will look to begin that journey with a win tonight. Among many other motives, today is also head coach Mike Brey‘s birthday, and I’m sure he would like nothing more than a few more days in Dayton.
For more on the game, check out the notes on UND.com, as well as our “Everything You Need To Know About Iowa State” blog from earlier in the week.
And during a commercial break for one of the many great games you might currently be watching, here’s a one-minute recap of this morning’s practices from Fighting Irish Digital Media.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDJackNolan: Thanks to @Austin_Burgett for doing a great job on @NDMikeBrey radio show. We are back at O'Rourke's in 2 weeks. http://t.… 3 hours ago
- Want great food and to talk a little ND Hoops? Come out to O'Rourke's tonight at 7pm for the Mike Brey Radio Show w/guest Austin Burgett. 7 hours ago
- "VJ Beachem was in practice yesterday shooting and doing some 5-0. Won't play Saturday, but it is encouraging." -Mike Brey on VJ's injury 14 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Time for @NDmbb's Weekly Press Conference! Tune in on @WatchND- ntrda.me/1DQeKrD #GoIrish 14 hours ago
- RT @NDSportsBlogger: Coach Brey talked with @dandakich about @NDmbb, the Crossroads Classic, the state of college hoops & more! LISTEN:htt… 14 hours ago
- General News. Former Notre Dame Sports Medicine Pioneer Dr. Les Bodnar Dies
- M. Basketball. #21/#21 Irish To Clash With Purdue At Crossroads Classic
- Football. ECHOES `14: Notre Dame Football Awards Show Premieres December 20, 2014 on NBC Sports Network
- Fencing. Francesca Russo: Big-Time Dreamer, Full-Throttle Fencer
- W. Soccer. Naughton, Roccaro Named To NSCAA Scholar All-America Third Team