Mar 22, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
By the time Notre Dame and Iowa State tip off tonight, the most exciting two days in college basketball will be almost over. The 9:45 pm matchup between the #7 seed Fighting Irish and #10 seed Cyclones is scheduled to be the 30th of 32 second round games, and will close out a full day of hoops at the University of Dayton Arena for CBS announcers Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg and Tracy Wolfson.
This morning, the Irish returned to the site of tonight’s tilt, as well as the Ed Zink Fieldhouse at Beavercreek High School, for a couple of final shootarounds.
Thus far, two of the top five seeds in the West Region (#3 New Mexico and #5 Wisconsin) have already fallen, with a third, #4 Kansas State trailing LaSalle by 18 at halftime.
The bracket is certainly opening up for a team to make an unexpected run deep into the tournament, and Notre Dame will look to begin that journey with a win tonight. Among many other motives, today is also head coach Mike Brey‘s birthday, and I’m sure he would like nothing more than a few more days in Dayton.
For more on the game, check out the notes on UND.com, as well as our “Everything You Need To Know About Iowa State” blog from earlier in the week.
And during a commercial break for one of the many great games you might currently be watching, here’s a one-minute recap of this morning’s practices from Fighting Irish Digital Media.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- What are our student-athletes thankful for on Thanksgiving? Check it out: instagram.com/p/v7ZtTUQiUB/ 20 hours ago
- RT @JonRothstein: Notre Dame is quietly getting a breakout season from 6-10 junior Zach Auguste. Averaging 16.0 PPG + 6.2 RPG. Averaged 6.7… 1 day ago
- Get some Turkey on Thursday and then come to Purcell Pavilion Saturday at 1pm (NEW TIME) as we play Chicago St. TIX: UND.com/BuyTickets 1 day ago
- INFOGRAPHIC: DJ (@D_Jay24) leads us in scoring while we once again shoot over 60% from the floor. #Together http://t.co/6wIUmN3Vx1 1 day ago
- ND 81 - GSU 54 FINAL ND improves to 5-1 with win - Next game on Saturday vs. Chicago State. Game Stats: http://t.co/RMvP42cZ61 1 day ago