Feb 13, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Notre Dame welcomed three talented and promising freshmen to the squad this year. These three players look to build on the success of recent Irish squads and leave a mark of their own. Irish UNDerground blogger Lauren Chval sat down to get to know the second of the trio, forward Zach Auguste.
Why did you want to come to Notre Dame?
“I felt like it was the right fit. I had a good relationship with the coaching staff. When I came on my visit, I felt comfortable with the team. It was just a great all around experience.”
Who did you stay with during your campus visit?
What was it like to experience this football season as a freshman?
“The season was definitely a surprise for me. On my visit I came to a football game. Just the crowd and the experience overall was great.”
Which game did you come for on your recruiting visit?
“USC. Even though Notre Dame had some bad luck then…”
What are you planning on majoring in?
“At first I was thinking about business, but I might switch to major in sociology.”
What do you do with your teammates when you’re not playing basketball?
“We’ll sing together, we’ll rap together. We’ll just hang out.”
Who is the best rapper on the team?
What dorm do you live in?
What is it like to live on campus as an athlete?
“It’s weird, because you usually room with your teammates, but I adjusted easily. It’s nice. You definitely have a different experience and get to see what other students are about.”
What is your roommate like?
“He’s real cool. A lot of people make fun of us because I’m 6’10 and he’s like 5’6. He’s from Puerto Rico, so it’s nice to see a different culture and experience different things.”
What has been your favorite part of your freshman year so far?
What was the best part of Frosh-O?
“The best thing was the dance in Stepan. That was wild, because me, Cam, and Austin were just having a lot of fun.”
What was the worst part?
“Definitely the serenading. That was a little bit too much. And we had to run around the campus in T-shirts with swords and all kind of stuff.”
Where is somewhere on campus you visit a lot?
What is a goal you have set for yourself during your time at Notre Dame?
“Definitely win a championship here. First and foremost that.”
What is your relationship with your fellow freshmen?
“Me and Cam are definitely the clowns, and Austin’s the one who keeps us in check.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- The man, the myth, the legend, Matt Carroll turns 34 today! @Matt_Carroll_ currently works with the @hornets after a 9-year NBA career. 21 hours ago
- Time to plan out your sick days. Our ENTIRE 2014-15 schedule. FULL RELEASE( und.com/sports/m-baskb…) 🏀🍀📅 SCHEDULE: http://t.co/L6BaRt700q 2 days ago
- We interrupt this humid summer day to let you know ... News is coming. Get amped. 🏀🍀📅 #Together 2 days ago
- RT @NDMenSoccer: .@MarylandMSoccer #ALSIceBucketChallenge accepted! Chad Riley ’04 (@NDMonogram) & @DartmouthMSoc you’re on the clock! http… 1 week ago
- Help us defend home court against the likes of 'Cuse & Michigan State! SEASON TICKET RENEWALS/PURCHASES: ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme… #Together 1 week ago
- W. Volleyball. Irish Open Season Against Elite Competition In Minnesota
- W. Basketball. From The Hardwood: Irish Earning Awards In WNBA
- W. Soccer. Fighting Irish Fight for Life
- Football. Fabulous Forties Finale
- General News. Navy, Army and Air Force ROTC Programs To Be Honored In Conjunction With Saturday's Notre Dame-Rice Football Game