Feb 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Ever wished you knew more about sophomore guard Madison Cable? Well we caught up with her after practice to get to know her a little better. Enjoy!
What accomplishment or trait are you most proud of?
“I’m most proud of getting here and being successful with my teammates and family and friends.”
If you could choose anyone to be your teammate (doesn’t have to be a basketball player), who would it be?
What is your favorite kids’ movie?
“Toy Story. It’s still my favorite.”
What’s been your favorite class at Notre Dame so far?
“I think it’d be my U.S. History class freshman year.”
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Work hard and have fun.”
What’s the most-played song on your playlist?
“Any song by Billy Joel could be my most-played song.”
What’s your favorite thing about basketball as a sport?
“It’s just fun to work and get better with your teammates every day. And off the court, too, the relationships you make.”
What’s the weirdest basketball-related thing you’ve ever seen?
“People scoring at the wrong hoops. People subbing in the game without going to the table, they just run in. That’s pretty bad, too.”
What’s your favorite holiday?
“Christmas and the Fourth of July.”
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
“My room. And the dining hall – South Dining Hall.”
Why did you decide to switch your jersey number to 22?
“I switched to 22 because that was my number all through high school and AAU, and I just couldn’t have it last year because Brittany Mallory had it, but since she left I took it.”
Does that number have any special meaning for you?
“I just like it. My sister wore it, my dad wore it, so I just like it.”
You missed most of last season with stress fractures in your feet. Has that changed the way you look at basketball?
“It definitely does. I’d never been hurt in my life before last year, so now I know every time you step on the court it could be your last time, so just have fun and work as long as you can every time you play, because you never know what could happen.”
What’s your least-favorite part of practice?
“[A drill called] approach. Full-court approach.”
What’s your pet-peeve?
“When Markisha [Wright] goes ‘Gah!’”
When you were younger, was there anything that you would regularly get in trouble for?
“I was a bad child, so I got in trouble for pretty much everything.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @IrishCoachIvey: Supporting our coaching friend djobanion #CoachesforCoachD #faithFULL🍀💚💚💚💚💚 instagram.com/p/yQeWKCNv7j/ 20 hours ago
- RT @jbodenst: We have amazing fans! @ndwbb Well over 100 people came out to see us at Clemson! http://t.co/98ZAbC1oLY 21 hours ago
- All of our Irish Family supporting @DJOBanion! #faithFULL #Coaches4CoachD 💚 http://t.co/dZVZDv7PNn 21 hours ago
- Here is the final infographic for our 74-36 win over Clemson! @jloyd32 led the team with 17 points and 8 rebounds http://t.co/X5x72ENq4b 21 hours ago
- At the final media timeout of the game, the Irish lead Clemson 70-31. 3:35 left to play 22 hours ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @PlanetPat24: Gameday🍀#8😈 The only thing on the shark's mind is EAT✊ @ZachEliAuguste @E_Money_Katenda @Bacolson35 @D_Jay24 @VB3ND @Matty… 21 minutes ago
- We had a great shootaround today as we prepare for our game vs NC State. #8 ND vs NCSU 6:30pm - ESPNU #Together http://t.co/5wEvpzMn2P 3 hours ago
- FLIGHT BROTHERS We're bringing our high-flying play & #DunksDuLac moniker to the "First in Flight" State TODAY@6:30 http://t.co/QuERZ6q9i9 5 hours ago
- Our guys are getting some court time at PNC Arena on NC State's campus. #8 ND vs NCSU 6:30pm - Sunday - ESPNU http://t.co/HAr9dVpAXT 22 hours ago
- "No Belt, No Problem" The Bonzie Colson Story http://t.co/SGjQeKANyU 1 day ago
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #6/5 Notre Dame 74, Clemson 36
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Falls at Northeastern, 4-2
- W. Basketball. Loyd Leads #6/5 Notre Dame to 74-36 Win Over Clemson
- Fencing. Notre Dame Women's Fencers Off to Strong Start, Men Struggle at St. John's Invitational
- Track. Irish Women Finish Second, Giesting Sets School Record At Notre Dame Invitational