Feb 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Ever wished you knew more about sophomore guard Madison Cable? Well we caught up with her after practice to get to know her a little better. Enjoy!
What accomplishment or trait are you most proud of?
“I’m most proud of getting here and being successful with my teammates and family and friends.”
If you could choose anyone to be your teammate (doesn’t have to be a basketball player), who would it be?
What is your favorite kids’ movie?
“Toy Story. It’s still my favorite.”
What’s been your favorite class at Notre Dame so far?
“I think it’d be my U.S. History class freshman year.”
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Work hard and have fun.”
What’s the most-played song on your playlist?
“Any song by Billy Joel could be my most-played song.”
What’s your favorite thing about basketball as a sport?
“It’s just fun to work and get better with your teammates every day. And off the court, too, the relationships you make.”
What’s the weirdest basketball-related thing you’ve ever seen?
“People scoring at the wrong hoops. People subbing in the game without going to the table, they just run in. That’s pretty bad, too.”
What’s your favorite holiday?
“Christmas and the Fourth of July.”
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
“My room. And the dining hall – South Dining Hall.”
Why did you decide to switch your jersey number to 22?
“I switched to 22 because that was my number all through high school and AAU, and I just couldn’t have it last year because Brittany Mallory had it, but since she left I took it.”
Does that number have any special meaning for you?
“I just like it. My sister wore it, my dad wore it, so I just like it.”
You missed most of last season with stress fractures in your feet. Has that changed the way you look at basketball?
“It definitely does. I’d never been hurt in my life before last year, so now I know every time you step on the court it could be your last time, so just have fun and work as long as you can every time you play, because you never know what could happen.”
What’s your least-favorite part of practice?
“[A drill called] approach. Full-court approach.”
What’s your pet-peeve?
“When Markisha [Wright] goes ‘Gah!’”
When you were younger, was there anything that you would regularly get in trouble for?
“I was a bad child, so I got in trouble for pretty much everything.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- "This college cannot fail to succeed" http://t.co/s9UjlWbMNv 1 hour ago
- RT @SouthBendRotary: Thanks @MuffetMcGraw and @ndwbb for supporting Rotary's Purple Pinkies for Polio: youtu.be/udC5NM7xPdY! 17 hours ago
- RT @IrishCoachIvey: Great day to be IRISH #sothankful🍀🙌 22 hours ago
- And there's a magic, in the sound of her name....🍀 http://t.co/Lm23LR7Vwg 1 day ago
- RT @fhallallen: FORTUNATE to work w/ another Championship caliber contender today @ndwbb. THX @MuffetMcGraw, @GoIrishCoachO, @IrishCoachIve… 1 day ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- RT @NDSportsBlogger: I'm hoping Coach Brey and Coach Izzo don these outfits for their B1G/ACC Challenge showdown on Dec. 3rd in South Bend … 1 hour ago
- Our program was built on bringing our community #together. We were honored to help @SJCHabitat with Friday's build! http://t.co/4mniE0fmd7 22 hours ago
- We've unveiled our new @UnderArmour uniforms with two legendary icons - @DickieV & the @BlueAngels. Who's next? http://t.co/wdbUx8GVKA 1 day ago
- RT @EAtkins0: VJ is going to have a big year this year I can feel it...just has to stay aggressive and the rest is #EasyMoney 1 day ago
- We know where Brant is sitting, where are you sitting this year? RT@NDBrantUst View from my seats for the '14-'15 @NDmbb season, can't wait! 1 day ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Ride Four-Goal First Period To A 6-3 Win Over Niagara University
- W. Volleyball. Irish Can't Finish Off First Set; Fall To VT, 3-0, Friday Night
- M. Soccer. Fighting Irish Know How To Stay Fit And Focused
- M. Golf. Irish Compete At Bridgestone Golf Collegiate To Cap Fall Schedule
- W. Golf. Armstrong Leads Irish Women's Golf To Fifth Place After First Round At Landfall Tradition