Feb 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Ever wished you knew more about sophomore guard Madison Cable? Well we caught up with her after practice to get to know her a little better. Enjoy!
What accomplishment or trait are you most proud of?
“I’m most proud of getting here and being successful with my teammates and family and friends.”
If you could choose anyone to be your teammate (doesn’t have to be a basketball player), who would it be?
What is your favorite kids’ movie?
“Toy Story. It’s still my favorite.”
What’s been your favorite class at Notre Dame so far?
“I think it’d be my U.S. History class freshman year.”
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Work hard and have fun.”
What’s the most-played song on your playlist?
“Any song by Billy Joel could be my most-played song.”
What’s your favorite thing about basketball as a sport?
“It’s just fun to work and get better with your teammates every day. And off the court, too, the relationships you make.”
What’s the weirdest basketball-related thing you’ve ever seen?
“People scoring at the wrong hoops. People subbing in the game without going to the table, they just run in. That’s pretty bad, too.”
What’s your favorite holiday?
“Christmas and the Fourth of July.”
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
“My room. And the dining hall – South Dining Hall.”
Why did you decide to switch your jersey number to 22?
“I switched to 22 because that was my number all through high school and AAU, and I just couldn’t have it last year because Brittany Mallory had it, but since she left I took it.”
Does that number have any special meaning for you?
“I just like it. My sister wore it, my dad wore it, so I just like it.”
You missed most of last season with stress fractures in your feet. Has that changed the way you look at basketball?
“It definitely does. I’d never been hurt in my life before last year, so now I know every time you step on the court it could be your last time, so just have fun and work as long as you can every time you play, because you never know what could happen.”
What’s your least-favorite part of practice?
“[A drill called] approach. Full-court approach.”
What’s your pet-peeve?
“When Markisha [Wright] goes ‘Gah!’”
When you were younger, was there anything that you would regularly get in trouble for?
“I was a bad child, so I got in trouble for pretty much everything.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- Want great food and to talk a little ND Hoops? Come out to O'Rourke's tonight at 7pm for the Mike Brey Radio Show w/guest Austin Burgett. 3 hours ago
- "VJ Beachem was in practice yesterday shooting and doing some 5-0. Won't play Saturday, but it is encouraging." -Mike Brey on VJ's injury 10 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Time for @NDmbb's Weekly Press Conference! Tune in on @WatchND- ntrda.me/1DQeKrD #GoIrish 10 hours ago
- RT @NDSportsBlogger: Coach Brey talked with @dandakich about @NDmbb, the Crossroads Classic, the state of college hoops & more! LISTEN:htt… 10 hours ago
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift? 4 tix 4 hot dogs 4 drinks 4 bags of chips FOR $60! -> ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme… http://t.co/Fy0gMOI4nr 12 hours ago
- Football. ECHOES `14: Notre Dame Football Awards Show Premieres December 20, 2014 on NBC Sports Network
- Fencing. Francesca Russo: Big-Time Dreamer, Full-Throttle Fencer
- W. Soccer. Naughton, Roccaro Named To NSCAA Scholar All-America Third Team
- Baseball. Baseball Announces Elite 2015 Schedule
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Debuts At #2 In Inside Lacrosse Preseason Poll