Feb 11, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Ever wished you knew more about sophomore guard Madison Cable? Well we caught up with her after practice to get to know her a little better. Enjoy!
What accomplishment or trait are you most proud of?
“I’m most proud of getting here and being successful with my teammates and family and friends.”
If you could choose anyone to be your teammate (doesn’t have to be a basketball player), who would it be?
What is your favorite kids’ movie?
“Toy Story. It’s still my favorite.”
What’s been your favorite class at Notre Dame so far?
“I think it’d be my U.S. History class freshman year.”
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Work hard and have fun.”
What’s the most-played song on your playlist?
“Any song by Billy Joel could be my most-played song.”
What’s your favorite thing about basketball as a sport?
“It’s just fun to work and get better with your teammates every day. And off the court, too, the relationships you make.”
What’s the weirdest basketball-related thing you’ve ever seen?
“People scoring at the wrong hoops. People subbing in the game without going to the table, they just run in. That’s pretty bad, too.”
What’s your favorite holiday?
“Christmas and the Fourth of July.”
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
“My room. And the dining hall – South Dining Hall.”
Why did you decide to switch your jersey number to 22?
“I switched to 22 because that was my number all through high school and AAU, and I just couldn’t have it last year because Brittany Mallory had it, but since she left I took it.”
Does that number have any special meaning for you?
“I just like it. My sister wore it, my dad wore it, so I just like it.”
You missed most of last season with stress fractures in your feet. Has that changed the way you look at basketball?
“It definitely does. I’d never been hurt in my life before last year, so now I know every time you step on the court it could be your last time, so just have fun and work as long as you can every time you play, because you never know what could happen.”
What’s your least-favorite part of practice?
“[A drill called] approach. Full-court approach.”
What’s your pet-peeve?
“When Markisha [Wright] goes ‘Gah!’”
When you were younger, was there anything that you would regularly get in trouble for?
“I was a bad child, so I got in trouble for pretty much everything.”
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
Notre Dame Women's Basketball Defeat French All-Stars in Madrid
Length: 1:54 | August 12, 2013
Kayla McBride Talks About The 75-57 Win - Women's Basketball
Length: 1:14 | August 12, 2013
Notre Dame Women's Basketball Defeat French All-Stars in Barcelona
Length: 1:28 | August 12, 2013
Skylar Diggins Look Back - Notre Dame Women's Basketball
Length: 4:20 | May 2, 2013
- RT @CoolestColleges: University of Notre Dame http://t.co/iWxic6k7ki 51 minutes ago
- "One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it!" - Knute Rockne 🍀 1 hour ago
- RT @ndwbbsid: Today's @ndwbb rank in AP poll ties @MuffetMcGraw for 19th on D-I coach poll appearance list (261) w/ Van Chancellor (formerl… 18 hours ago
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda 1 day ago
- Final score- ND 90 UCLA 48 2 days ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
Meet The Freshmen, Demetrius Jackson - Notre Dame Men's Basketball
Length: 1:08 | August 1, 2013
Meet The Freshmen, V.J. Beachem - Notre Dame Men's Basketball
Length: 1:13 | July 30, 2013
Meet The Freshmen, Steve Vasturia - Notre Dame Men's Basketball
Length: 1:06 | July 25, 2013
Meet The Freshmen, Austin Torres - Notre Dame Men's Basketball
Length: 1:13 | July 23, 2013
- End of presser … Irish play North Dakota State at 7 p.m. Wednesday. 13 hours ago
- Brey: I think Pat is such a rock for the younger guys … I'm confident when he is on floor and I have a hard time taking him out of games. 13 hours ago
- Brey: I don't know if I've coached a more solid player (Pat)… just doesn't let anything affect him. I hope we can keep his rebounding going. 13 hours ago
- Brey: We had to make some big plays to get out of gym alive. That's what ACC play will be like. So these games are good experiences for us. 13 hours ago
- Brey: NDSU is a physical team and have a veteran squad. 13 hours ago