Feb 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
Last night, the Super Bowl was dubbed “the Har-Bowl,” as brothers Jim and John Harbaugh led the 49ers and Ravens on opposing sidelines.
This evening, Notre Dame (18-4 overall, 6-3 BIG EAST) and Syracuse (18-3, 6-2) will meet in what Jack Cooley is calling “the Grant Game.”
With the Irish at the halfway point of their BIG EAST schedule, it’s a huge matchup for position in the conference standings, and you can bet both teams will be fired up for the nationally televised showdown (7 pm ET on ESPN).
Jerami made his first career start on Saturday at Pittsburgh, and is expected to be in the lineup again tonight. Though Jerian and Jerami won’t be directly matched up against one another (Syracuse plays a zone defense. Tom Knight will likely guard 6-foot-8 Jerami on the other end), the game means a lot for family bragging rights and the sibling rivalry.
In the 1980′s, Jerian and Jerami’s father, Harvey played alongside his brother Horace at Clemson University. Both went on to successful careers in the NBA, with uncle Horace winning four titles with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.
In Super Bowl XLVII, it was the older Harbaugh sibling (John) whose team hoisted the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the night. Though there’s no trophy on the line tonight, big brother Jerian is hoping to follow in John’s footsteps and lead his squad to a big victory.
Game tomorrow! I need to take notes from John Harbaugh (big bro)
— Jerian Grant (@ThatGrant22) February 4, 2013
Jerian passed along a few photos of he and his family for us to share. Check them out below.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- We have reached the final media timeout of the half, Irish lead 40-12. 3:24 remaining in the 1st half 1 hour ago
- 7:52 left in the half, Irish up 34-11 1 hour ago
- At the second media timeout, Irish lead Holy Cross 28-8 1 hour ago
- Irish up 18-5 at the first media timeout 1 hour ago
- Jewell with the layup to start things off tonight! Go Irish! 🏀🍀 1 hour ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- INFOGRAPHIC: PC 75 - ND 74 FINAL http://t.co/NsVb34ANq2 1 hour ago
- RT @ToryJ23: Tough loss for my IRISH hoop squad. Great game played by both ND and Providence. A chance to learn and bounce back this week f… 1 hour ago
- RT @Austin_Torres0: One hell of a weekend. Love my teammates ✊🍀🏀 1 hour ago
- QUICK HIGHLIGHTS: PC 75 - ND 74 FINAL instagram.com/p/vwgW-YQiUO/ 1 hour ago
- PC (5-0) 75 - ND (4-1) 74 FINAL Game Stats: http://t.co/WAyc8v5kVV 2 hours ago
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Loss to Louisville Can't Diminish Irish Ties
- M. Basketball. A Battle of Unbeatens As Notre Dame Meets Providence In Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament
- Fencing. Notre Dame Finishes Day One of Penn State Open With Three Medalists
- Football. Notre Dame Football vs. Louisville Postgame Quotes
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Louisville- Postgame Notes