Jan 10, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
For both Notre Dame fans and Fighting Irish Digital Media, most of the past several weeks were spent focused on football and the BCS championship game.
With the season over, it’s time to turn attention from the gridiron to the hardwood.
After all, the Notre Dame men’s basketball team has now won 12 straight games, including its first two BIG EAST contests – a 93-74 victory against Seton Hall on Saturday and a 66-60 win at Cincinnati, just before the title game on Monday.
The streak is Notre Dame’s longest since the 2006-07 season, and the 14-1 start is the best in the Mike Brey era.
In each of the past five victories, the Irish have shot at least 50% from the field, marking the first time they have achieved that feat since a streak of ten straight games during the 1988-89 season. They went 8-2 during that stretch from Jan. 3 – Feb. 2, 1989.
On Saturday, the Fighting Irish host Connecticut (2 pm ET on Big East Network). The Irish defeated the Huskies in Hartford last season, but will look to avenge their Jan. 2012 home loss. That 67-53 defeat on Jan. 14 was the last game Notre Dame lost at Purcell Pavilion.
Before focusing on UConn, here’s a look back at the past two Irish victories.
About In The Paint
Women’s Basketball on YouTube
- Here is the post game infographic for #ndwbb's 104-29 victory over Holy Cross! http://t.co/coav1Jxdpr 12 minutes ago
- With Diamond Thompson's basket, everyone on the Irish squad is on the scoreboard!!! 🏀🍀 1 hour ago
- 3:18 left in the game, Irish up 97-25 1 hour ago
- Kathryn with the threeeee for Big Macs!! 🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔 1 hour ago
- At the third media timeout of the 2nd half, Irish lead 85-20 1 hour ago
Men’s Basketball on YouTube
- INFOGRAPHIC: PC 75 - ND 74 FINAL http://t.co/NsVb34ANq2 2 hours ago
- RT @ToryJ23: Tough loss for my IRISH hoop squad. Great game played by both ND and Providence. A chance to learn and bounce back this week f… 3 hours ago
- RT @Austin_Torres0: One hell of a weekend. Love my teammates ✊🍀🏀 3 hours ago
- QUICK HIGHLIGHTS: PC 75 - ND 74 FINAL instagram.com/p/vwgW-YQiUO/ 3 hours ago
- PC (5-0) 75 - ND (4-1) 74 FINAL Game Stats: http://t.co/WAyc8v5kVV 3 hours ago
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Loss to Louisville Can't Diminish Irish Ties
- M. Basketball. A Battle of Unbeatens As Notre Dame Meets Providence In Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament
- Fencing. Notre Dame Finishes Day One of Penn State Open With Three Medalists
- Football. Notre Dame Football vs. Louisville Postgame Quotes
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Louisville- Postgame Notes